Women’s Baked Tee
One of our favorite tees, highlighting all of our favorite kitchen tools. Soft and cozy. Pre-shrunk. Made in America. Slightly fitted.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the Sweet and Salty brownie in your cookbook?The Sweet and Salty Brownie is in our second cookbook - Baked Explorations. The Sweet and Salty Cake is in our first cookbook - Baked: New Frontiers in Baking.
- Why don’t my Chocolate Chip Cookies look like the ones in the book?Don’t be discouraged! In earlier editions of our first cookbook, we forgot to mention that your butter should be fairly cold when you beat it with the sugar, and you should only beat the butter and sugar together until they are just combined.
- So, can you tell me about the missing cardamom in the speculaas recipe in Baked Explorations?Yes! In the first edition of Baked Explorations, we forgot to omit the cardamom from the instructions (though it is not listed in the ingredients). We tested this cookie many times with and without cardamom and eventually decided it was unnecessary. Our apologies for the error.
Custom Cakes and Cupcakes
- Can you make a sheet cake or a shaped cake?We do not make sheet cakes or shaped cakes. It is not our thing, and we are rather fond of the perfect proportion of filling to cake to frosting provided by the classic three-layer rounds.
- Do you make edible photo transfers?No. Instead, we are able to handcraft 2D chocolate transfers in "coloring book" style out of dark and tinted white chocolate!
- Can you change the color or tint the chocolate transfer?Yes, absolutely.
- How many words can fit on my cake?In our opinion, shorter is always better - and it also depends on the size of your cake. Keep it simple and sweet.
- Can I customize cupcakes?At the moment, we can tint the buttercream frosting, add florals or dots, and add an inscribed initial or two.
- Can I switch out the cake, buttercream, or filling for something else?Absolutely! While we think each of our recipes is wonderful, we understand that sometimes someone's just craving a different spin on things. All components of a cake may be exchanged for others on our menu, but the pricing is unique to each substitution or addition you're looking for. Contact the bakery for a quote! NOTE: We do NOT make changes to the recipe of the cake dough.
- Do you work with fondant?Short answer, no. Long answer, maybe? We do very limited fondant work - please call the store you'd like to order from directly, so you can discuss concepts and pricing with our decorator team!
- What are some of your standard decor options?The Baked classics decor additions would be buttercream florals, buttercream polkadots, or to cover your cake in a sprinkle mix!
- Can I order a variety of assorted cupcakes?To ensure freshness and quality, all of our custom order cupcakes are baked per order and are only available one in one flavor per dozen. However, we usually offer a variety of cupcake flavors at the bakery (depending on day of week/time of day) - feel free to stop by and create your own assortment. Note: we cannot guarantee any flavor or quantity will be available and we highly recommend ordering dozens ahead of time if this isn't a chance you're willing to take.
- How far in advance do I need to order my cake or cupcakes?Both store locations have a firm 48 hour lead time policy. Nearly every item on our menu can be ordered, for no additional cost, with sufficient notice. We can sometimes make next- or same-day requests work, but this is always a case-by-case basis, and depends on our existing production schedule. (You'd be surprised just how long it takes to make a single, three-layer cake). Note that there will be a rush fee associated with all rush orders (the sooner you need it, the higher that will be). Please be sure to call at least 2 days before to make sure we can get you exactly what you want!
- Are all of your classic cakes available as cupcakes?Yes, with the exception of our bundt cakes, stump de noel, and tricolor cake!
- What size are your cupcakes?We only make standard size cupcakes. Sorry, no mini and no jumbo.
- Can I order cakes online or by email?Unfortunately, no - please call the store you wish to order from directly. This is to ensure every cake is ordered exactly how you want it.
- How many servings can I get from each cake?Our eight inch three-layer cake serves 12 to 16 generous servings. Our ten inch three-layer cake serves 24 to 28 generous servings. Our twelve inch three-layer cake serves 36 to 40 generous servings.
- Do you deliver?We deliver our cakes and cupcakes throughout Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan (and sometimes to the Bronx or Staten Island, if our delivery service agrees). Delivery windows are typically 9am - noon or 1pm - 4pm, and we have a very limited ability to deliver outside of these times, or to offer smaller windows.
- Does delivery cost extra?Yes, we have to charge extra because we deliver through a third party service. For rates and more information, please call our bakery directly. (Do please note, cakes require very specific handling, and the delivery fee is priced accordingly).
- Can I use my own courier service instead?Absolutely! We're totally fine handing off a cake to your own courier, if you'd prefer, for no additional cost on our end. But please do make note, once we hand the cake off to an outside courier, we consider it as being in your possession, and we can no longer be responsible for any damage sustained en route! On the other hand, if you use our own service, we'll personally guarantee that your cake arrives beautiful and delicious! (And we'd do everything in our power to fix things if the worst should happen, which we're very proud to say is exceedingly rare).
- Can you donate to or sponsor my event?Generally speaking, we only donate to Non-Profits and local institutions (i.e. Brooklyn schools). If you are interested in receiving donated baked products for your charitable event, please send an email to email@example.com. List your event’s date, time, location, and suggested product donation. Due to the volume of requests for donated product, we might not be able to get back to you right away.
- Are you hiring?We are always on the lookout for amazing bakers, baristas, decorators and managers. Even if we are completely staffed, we will keep your resume on file for future openings. You can always look for current openings at harri.com/bakednyc.
- Do your marshmallows contain gelatin?Yes, at the moment, all of our marshmallows are made with gelatin.
- Do you make vegan and gluten-free products?Baked is not a gluten-free bakery in that our gluten-free baked goods are made in the same kitchen as our regular baked goods. However we do make gluten-free products, and we do our best to prevent cross-contamination. Our most frequently made gluten-free items include: Chocolate Cloud Cookies, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, Sweet and Salty Brownie (GF version), Coconut Macaroons, Flourless Chocolate Cake (Cake available by ordering 48 hours in advance).
- Are you a Kosher bakery?Our bakery is not certified Kosher, however our packaged granola is.
- Do you offer vegan goodies?We do make a special "To Order" only Vegan Chocolate cake with Vegan Vanilla Frosting/Filling (though please note our kitchen is not Vegan). Our special order 8-inch Vegan cake is $60.00 and our special order Vegan cupcakes cost $40.00/dozen. Other vegan items include: Vegan Energy Bites, Baked Vegan Valley Granola, Vegan Muffins. Also note: if it doesn't have "vegan" in the name, it's almost certainly not.
- Do you have gift cards?Yes, we do; however, they may only be purchased/redeemed at our retail stores.
Locations and Hours
- What is your address? What are your hours? How do I get to Baked?Visit our locations page.
Online Ordering and Shipping
- What items can you ship outside New York City?Unfortunately, we can’t ship everything. We only ship items that are available through our online store, bakedshop.com, outside NYC.
- Can you ship internationally?We are working on it. However, at the moment, due to various ordinances and red tape, we only ship within the United States – Alaska and Hawaii included.
- Can I freeze your brownies?Our brownies freeze exceptionally well (and we know a few people that prefer our brownies slightly cold)! To freeze: wrap the brownies (very tightly) in two layers of plastic wrap. To eat: leave the brownies in the plastic wrap and defrost either in the refrigerator (which will take longer) or at room temperature. Unwrap and eat. Brownies can be frozen for up to 2 months, but we dare you to exercise that much restraint.
- Can I freeze your cookies?Generally speaking, we don't recommend freezing our cookies, though we know several people that do so and are very happy with the results. If you do decide to freeze our cookies, please be sure to wrap (very tightly) in two layers of plastic wrap. Before consuming: leave the cookies in the plastic wrap, bring back to room temperature, unwrap, and eat!
- Does UPS deliver on Saturdays and Sundays?No--UPS picks up and delivers on Monday through Friday only. So let's say you place an order on Friday morning for one-day shipping, and that order is picked up by UPS from Baked that same day--it will be delivered on Monday. If you place an order on Friday evening, it will be filled and picked up on Monday, and arrive on Tuesday.
- When do I need to pay extra for expedited shipping?If you need your order to arrive within a certain timetable, please check with UPS, or call Baked, to figure out how quickly it will arrive with standard shipping (UPS Ground). Because we are based in Brooklyn, many orders placed in the tri-state area, and even beyond, will only take one day to arrive, so there is no need to pay extra for expedited shipping. If you are ordering from the West Coast, it may take up to five days to arrive, so you may need to expedite accordingly. Use the following table as a rough guideline: 1 Day Shipping: Orders may be placed Monday through Thursday, and will arrive the following day. 2 Day Shipping: Orders should be placed on Monday through Wednesday, to ensure they arrive during the week. 3 Day Shipping: Orders should be placed Monday or Tuesday, to ensure they arrive during the week. 4 and 5 Day Shipping: Orders should be placed on Monday, depending on the product. For perishables, we recommend expediting so that they arrive within the week (to avoid having them sit in a shipping warehouse over the weekend).
- How long after I place my order will it be shipped?Turn around times for orders depends on what product is being shipped. Packed and retail goods, such as mixes, granola, apparel, etc., will likely be shipped on the same day they are ordered, if they are in stock. Brownies and other perishable goods may require extra prep time, before they are packaged and shipped. For this reason, we recommend that you place orders early in the week, so that in the event of a delay, they still arrive before Friday. If you plan ahead, you can place an order early, and leave a comment with your desired shipping date, or the date by which you would like the order to arrive at its destination. That said, we don't recommend placing orders more than a week in advance of the shipping date.
- Where can I direct inquiries about shipping orders?For questions about shipping, please contact the Baked Red Hook at 718.222.0345 ext. 1, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- How long does shipping take?Baked hands off shipments to UPS daily, Monday through Friday, and we offer a variety of UPS shipping options (from standard ground to overnight, starting from the point when UPS receives your package).Since our goods are freshly baked, orders received by noon EST will be received by UPS within one business day. Orders placed after noon EST will be received by UPS within two.So if you place your order on Monday at 11:30 AM EST, it'll be handed off to UPS no later than Tuesday. If you place it at 4:30 PM EST on Monday, it'll be handed off to UPS no later than Wednesday!
- What if I have an issue with my order?We'd be more than happy to help! Please email the info line (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we'll get back to you asap! (Please note, because most of what we ship is perishable, we need to hear from you within two weeks of a delivery date to offer refunds or exchanges!)
- Do you wholesale your mixes?Yes we do. Please contact us at email@example.com or call 212.775.0345 x 3. We look forward to working with you.
- Do you have a guide for the Vanilla Sprinkle Snack CakeWe absolutely do! You can check out a video guide here:
- Do you have a guide for making the Double Lemon Buttermilk?Absolutely! Check out a video guide here:
- Do you have a guide for the Gluten Free Brooklyn Blackout Brownies?We sure do! Check it out:
- Do you have a guide for the Salted Chocolate Chunk Cookies mix?Salty goodness, coming right up:
- Do you have a guide for the Double Chocolate Snack Cake Mix?Chocolate chocolate chocolate time!
- Do you have a guide for the Brooklyn Blackout Brownies?Get ready for a chocolate explosion:
- Do you make wedding cakes?Yes - they are extremely tasty and fairly priced. For more info on weddings and how to schedule a consultation, check out our weddings page.
- Do you offer wedding favors?We do. They include mini cookies, standard sized cookies (individually wrapped), brownies (individually wrapped), and individually boxed brownies. In most cases, we can apply personalized stickers and/or ribbon to these items.
- Do you have cupcake stands?You'll be able to discuss this with your coordinator! (Though, sorry to tell you, the Tribeca location never stocks them). Please call the Red Hook bakery to inquire about pricing and availability. Also, we highly recommend checking out the cupcake stands available on etsy.com and cupcaketree.com.