A momentary break to unveil (pimp) the new Baked by Fire-King bakeware.
Forgive us for this shameless plug, but we are really REALLY happy with our new Baked by Fire-King collection. It’s a collaboration that seems predestined. If you know us, you know that we love vintage American recipes (see our second cookbook, Baked Explorations), and we are bonkers for vintage American bakeware. So, we basically melted when offered the chance to collaborate with Fire-King (limited wiki here), the big-daddy-top-dog of vintage bakeware. It was like being asked out by that guy or girl you have always had a crush on.
Without any hesitation, we dove into the Fire-King archives (honestly, their archives are museum worthy) for inspiration and we surfaced with this retro-modern collection. We know you will love it!
Can I quickly tell you my 7 favorite things about the collection?:
1) Most importantly: It is made in America. All of it. At a really cool factory in Ohio.
2) It looks sexy. Better Looking Bakeware = Better Baking 🙂
3) It is oven, microwave, freezer/refrigerator and dishwasher safe. That’s a lot of safe.
4) Glass will not warp, stain or retain odors!
5) The bakeware has oversized handles (for a secure grip) and rounded corners for even baking.
6) The mixing bowls have rounded bottoms for even mixing and they nest for easy storage!
7) They are a great value for a sturdy American made product.
7a) I made this wonderful cake while testing out the new collection.
The collection is slowly hitting the market. At the moment, the 9×13 baking dish (perfect for brownies and lasagne), the glass loaf, and the 8 x 8 baking dish are all available online at Williams-Sonoma.com.
The entire collection – mixing bowls and all – will be available at the new Brooklyn Whole Foods (opening Dec. 17th) and then it will slowly be rolled out to other Whole Foods stores. More retailers to be announced in 2014.
If you want to see our collection at a store near you, contact us via email.
Thank you so much for letting us interrupt the recipe portion of this blog.